How do I apply for a slot?
Book an available time slot on this page. You will be asked for your contact details, so that we can book your bike in.
PLEASE NOTE that the date date you book is the date you drop your bike off to us, and we will work on it and contact you when the bike is ready for collection, this will not necessarily be the same day as we are often busy and have to order parts in etc.
Who is this scheme for?
One bike per person, if you are a family, we would be happy to book these bikes in individually too.
The scheme is targeted at people who have a cycle but it needs some maintenance to get it back in use. It is intended to reach people who feel they need financial support at the moment, as the costs of bike repairs can be a barrier to cycling. It isn’t aimed at people who can already afford to get their bike maintained or repaired but we won’t be asking for bike shops/mechanics to judge customer eligibility or their ability to pay.
What type of repairs are included?
Basic service and essential mechanical repairs are covered by the scheme i.e. repairs that are necessary to make the cycle roadworthy and fit for purpose. The £50 can cover both parts and labour costs.
The following repairs can be covered by the scheme:
- repairing or replacing tyres, tubes, wheels and related components
- adjusting, repairing or replacing braking system components
- adjusting, repairing or replacing transmission system components
- repairing or replacing other essential components which prevent safe use of the cycle e.g. deteriorated grips or saddle.
The following repairs/transactions are NOT covered by the scheme:
- a sale of replacement parts without any repair work
- replacement or upgrade of existing safe and roadworthy components
- replacement or repair of removeable lighting accessories
- using the £50 to contribute to the purchase of cycles or accessories
- any repairs to e-bike electronic units.
What happens if my repair is over £50?
Any additional costs are not covered by the scheme. We recommend that all repair costs are agreed in advance with the customer.