Repair scheme is back!
NOW OPEN UNTIL THE END OF FEBRUARY 2023...HURRY ONLY 40 SLOTS AVAILABLE
PLEASE NOTE that the date you book is the date you drop your bike off to us, and we will work on it and contact you when the bike is ready for collection, this will not necessarily be the same day as we are often busy and have to order parts in etc.
You will be asked for your contact details, so that we can book your bike in. These details will be covered by by data protection, and only your email address and postcode passed on to cyclinguk.org
Who is this scheme for?
Anyone! One bike per person, if you are a family, we would be happy to book these bikes in individually too.
The scheme is targeted at people who have a cycle but it needs some maintenance to get it back in use.
What type of repairs are included?
Basic service and essential mechanical repairs are covered by the scheme i.e. repairs that are necessary to make the cycle roadworthy and fit for purpose. The £50 can cover both parts and labour costs.
The following repairs can be covered by the scheme:
- repairing or replacing tyres, tubes, wheels and related components
- adjusting, repairing or replacing braking system components
- adjusting, repairing or replacing transmission system components
- repairing or replacing other essential components which prevent safe use of the cycle e.g. deteriorated grips or saddle.
The following repairs/transactions are NOT covered by the scheme:
- a sale of replacement parts without any repair work
- replacement or upgrade of existing safe and roadworthy components
- replacement or repair of removeable lighting accessories
- using the £50 to contribute to the purchase of cycles or accessories
- any repairs to e-bike electronic units.
What happens if my repair is over £50?
Any additional costs are not covered by the scheme. I you wish, all repair costs can be agreed in advance.